ADKNOWLEDGE ADVERTISER MASTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Introduction. These Master Terms are entered into by Advertiser and set forth the terms and conditions upon which Adknowledge may deliver Advertiser’s Campaign. Capitalized words used in these Master Terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them in Section 2 below
- “Action” means an act or event by a third party upon which Advertiser’s payment obligation is based, as set forth in this Agreement.
- “Ad Unit” means Advertiser’s advertising unit.
- “Addendum” means an addendum attached hereto or otherwise agreed to by Advertiser and Adknowledge that incorporates these Master Terms.
- “Adknowledge” means Adknowledge, Inc. or a subsidiary thereof, as identified in an Addendum or an Insertion Order.
- “Advertiser” means the individual or the business, company or other entity that accepts these terms electronically or otherwise or that enters into an Addendum or Insertion Order with Adknowledge.
- “Advertising Content” means the Ad Unit and/or any keywords, content, applications, products, and/or services associated with the Campaign, including but not limited to the content and operation of any Web pages associated with the Campaign.
- “Agent” means an agency acting on behalf of Advertiser.
- “Agreement” means these Master Terms and any applicable Addendum and Insertion Order.
- “Campaign” means (i) the delivery of an Ad Unit by Adknowledge across Adknowledge’s applicable Network and, generally, consists of the Advertiser-selected Ad Unit, budget, flight date(s), and if/as applicable, category and geo-targeting selection(s), and/or (ii) the delivery of users to Advertiser content including, but not limited to, Web pages.
- “Consumer Data” means consumer-related data collected or provided by Advertiser under this Agreement, including but not limited to email addresses.
- “CPA” means cost per action.
- “CPC” means cost per click.
- “CPI” means cost per install.
- “CPM” means cost per thousand impressions.
- “CPU” means cost per user.
- “CPV” means cost per view.
- “Insertion Order” means a signed insertion order agreed to by Advertiser and Adknowledge that incorporates these Master Terms.
- “Install” means an installation of an application by a third party upon which Advertiser’s payment obligation is based, as set forth in this Agreement.
- “Law” means applicable laws, rules, regulations, treaties, and statutes.
- “Master Terms” means these Adknowledge Advertiser Master Terms and Conditions and each Addendum.
- “Network” means Adknowledge or third party distribution networks, which may include but not be limited to the following: domain, email, newsletter, search, push notifications, mobile, and displayed web content.
- “Taxes” means any government imposed taxes or charges imposed on Advertiser pertaining to the performance of this Agreement, including but not limited to value added, sales, use, withholding, and excise taxes.
- Campaigns. (a) From time to time, Advertiser may direct Adknowledge to run Campaigns which have been approved by Advertiser pursuant to this Agreement. Ad Units shall generally be displayed across the Network on or within Adknowledge or third party creative content, unless Advertiser opts out of a Network in the manner specified by Adknowledge. Additionally, users may be redirected by Adknowledge and/or its publishers to the Advertising Content via direct navigation.
For example purposes only, and without limitation to other examples that may apply, if Advertiser bids on the category “car insurance,” when an end user clicks on a car insurance link on a participating Adknowledge or publisher website or clicks on car insurance creative in an email, the user may be redirected to Advertiser’s website.
(b) All requested URL links, category choices, descriptions and bids are subject to Adknowledge’s approval. Adknowledge reserves the right to reject, cancel or remove any Advertising Content, URL link, website to which an Ad Unit is linked, category selection(s), terms, descriptions and bids at any time for any reason whatsoever and Adknowledge, its employees, consultants and other agents shall have no liability for such decisions. Adknowledge does not guarantee that the Advertising Content will be available or displayed and Advertiser understands that Adknowledge reserves the right to not place Ad Units.
(c) ADKNOWLEDGE’S SERVICES ARE SUBJECT TO PERIODIC UPDATING, WHICH MAY RESULT IN INTRODUCTION, WITHOUT NOTICE, OF NEW DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS AND/OR ELIMINATION OR MODIFICATION OF EXISTING NETWORKS, AND CERTAIN PRODUCT OFFERINGS MAY BE CPA OR CPC BASED, NOTWITHSTANDING A DIFFERENT MODEL FROM SOME OR ALL OF THE OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE SAME NETWORK. SUCH MODIFICATIONS MAY HAVE AN ADVERSE IMPACT ON THE QUALITY OF CLICKS, ACTIONS, IMPRESSIONS, INSTALLS, OR OTHER PAYABLE EVENT UNTIL EACH UPDATE IS ASSESSED, PERFECTED OR REJECTED IN ADKNOWLEDGE’S SOLE DISCRETION.
- (a) Advertiser shall pay for all charges incurred by Advertiser in connection with Advertiser’s Campaign. Unless otherwise set forth in an Insertion Order or an Addendum, the amounts owed are measured by tracking reports prepared by Adknowledge, and Advertiser understands and agrees that such reports shall be sole measure of the amounts owed. Advertiser agrees to make timely payment to Adknowledge regardless of whether Advertiser receives payment from its client, customer or any other third party. Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that Advertiser may be charged an amount up to ten percent (10%) more than Advertiser’s monthly Campaign budget for charges incurred resulting from the time it takes to effectively cease further payable events. Unless otherwise agreed in an Insertion Order or an Addendum, Advertiser’s full payment for each Campaign is due prior to commencement of the Campaign and may be made through ACH, wire transfer or any major credit card, unless otherwise required by Adknowledge. Advertiser shall pay for all charges in US Dollars, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Adknowledge. A non-refundable deposit of $500 (or other amount specified by Adknowledge, in its sole and absolute discretion) to cover set-up costs may be required by Adknowledge to initiate services to Advertiser. If Advertiser is offered and selects an autoreplenish feature, Advertiser hereby authorizes Adknowledge to charge Advertiser’s credit card for the pre-determined amount set by Advertiser. If Adknowledge is unable to charge Advertiser’s credit card, Adknowledge may, in its sole discretion and in addition to any other remedies available to it under this Agreement and any and all Laws, suspend or terminate Advertiser’s account. Advertiser shall be responsible for the payment of any and all charges and/or fees incurred by Adknowledge from any credit chargeback due to improper credit card information provided to Adknowledge. Adknowledge may, in its sole discretion, extend, limit, revise, or revoke credit terms to Advertiser, which may include, but not be limited to, requiring a parent guaranty. Advertiser understands and agrees that if Advertiser is past due in payments owed to Adknowledge under this Agreement, (i) such past due payments shall accrue interest at the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permitted by law, if less, (ii) all costs of collection, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs and related expenses, shall be borne by Advertiser, and (iii) Adknowledge may offset that amount from any payment otherwise owed by Adknowledge or any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of Adknowledge to Advertiser or any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of Advertiser. Advertiser is responsible for and shall pay all Taxes in connection with Advertiser’s performance hereunder. Payments due under this Agreement are exclusive of Taxes, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Adknowledge.
- (b) If Advertiser selects a CPC-based Network, payment obligation is based solely on the number of clicks and redirects multiplied by the amount Advertiser bid to pay for each click or redirect and not Advertiser’s ability to convert clicks or redirects to sales, registrations or other user actions. When Advertiser is the winning bidder for the display on the Network of Advertiser’s Ad Unit, the winning CPC bid price may be below Advertiser’s maximum CPC bid price, and shall not exceed Advertiser’s maximum CPC bid price, unless otherwise approved by Advertiser.
- (c) If Advertiser selects a CPA or CPI-based Network, Advertiser shall pay Adknowledge the CPA and/or CPI amount agreed by Advertiser for each Action and/or Install recorded by tracking pixel. Advertiser understands that it must place the tracking pixel and that Adknowledge is not responsible for such placement. Advertiser shall (1) pay for each fired pixel (e.g., even if Advertiser later determines the pixel was not placed on the appropriate page), and (2) be responsible for any tracking error which occurs as a result of Advertiser’s action or inaction in performance of this Agreement (by way of example and not by way of limitation, if Advertiser accidentally causes a pixel to activate or otherwise confirm a transaction, it shall be liable to pay for each resulting action). With respect to payments for CPA-based lead generating services, an invalid lead shall be a lead generated with: (i) inaccurate personal information; (ii) personal information which cannot be confirmed; (iii) inaccurate credit card information; or (iv) a bot, script or any means other than a living human being with a bona fide intent to provide data about him or herself.
- (d) If Advertiser selects (i) a CPU or CPV-based Network, Advertiser shall pay Adknowledge the CPU and/or CPV amount agreed by Advertiser for each user and/or view recorded, and (ii) a CPM-based Network, Advertiser shall pay Adknowledge the CPM amount agreed by Advertiser for each impression.
- (e) Any demand for a chargeback, credit or refund for a product or Network service shall be tendered in writing to Adknowledge (i) for prepaid accounts, within thirty (30) calendar days after the charge occurred, (ii) for invoiced accounts, within thirty (30) calendar days after payment due date, or (iii) if applicable, the period specified in the respective Addendum or Insertion Order. Any demand for a chargeback, credit or refund for a product or Network service may be investigated by Adknowledge, and Adknowledge shall not be obligated to chargeback, credit or refund after the period referenced in the immediately preceding sentence. Advertiser shall promptly pay all amounts billed and invoiced by Adknowledge, notwithstanding Advertiser’s challenge to some or all of a particular invoice, and shall promptly and reasonably cooperate with any investigation undertaken by Adknowledge in connection with payment(s) for services hereunder. Adknowledge may issue to Advertiser a credit or refund, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Advertiser understands that investigations may take several weeks to complete. Requests for information may include but not be limited to sub-IDs, IP address, and in the case of a lead challenged as being invalid, all information which was submitted in the lead form. Advertising credits provided by Adknowledge shall expire, and be forfeited, upon the earlier to occur of (i) termination or expiration of this Agreement or the applicable Insertion Order or Addendum, or (ii) six (6) months after issuance by Adknowledge. Advertising credits are non-refundable and may only be used for advertising in the Network for which such credits were issued.
- Representations and Warranties of Adknowledge. Adknowledge represents and warrants that: (a) it is a corporation duly organized and in good standing in its state of incorporation, and has full power and authority to execute and be fully bound by the terms of this Agreement; (b) the delivery by Adknowledge of Advertiser’s Campaign complies with applicable U.S. state and federal Laws, including but not limited to the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003; and (c) creatives and content used by Adknowledge in Advertiser’s Campaign (i) are owned or validly licensed for use by Adknowledge, or are in the public domain, (ii) shall not be used in a manner constituting defamation, libel or patently offensive obscenity, and (iii) shall not infringe, dilute, misappropriate or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other similar intellectual property rights of any third party, or otherwise violate or breach any duty toward, or rights of, any person or entity, including rights of privacy and publicity.
- Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ADKNOWLEDGE BE LIABLE TO ADVERTISER UNDER ANY CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF ADKNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ADKNOWLEDGE ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY ADVERTISER TO ADKNOWLEDGE FOR THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE. EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE OTHER PARTY HAS ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT RELYING ON THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY STATED HEREIN AND THAT THOSE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. ADVERTISER SHALL NOT HOLD ADKNOWLEDGE OR ITS AFFILIATES LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIVITIES OF VISITORS WHO COME TO ADVERTISER’S WEBSITE(S) THROUGH A LINK OR REDIRECT PROVIDED FROM ADKNOWLEDGE AND/OR AN ADKNOWLEDGE PUBLISHER.
- Indemnity. Advertiser shall defend, indemnify and hold Adknowledge, and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, publishers, agents, parents, and subsidiaries harmless from and against any judgment, loss, liability, cost, damage, or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of a third party claim relating to a breach of this Agreement by Advertiser or any act or omission by Advertiser. Any proposed settlement or resolution of any claim (whether having been finally adjudicated or otherwise) that is subject to the indemnification obligations set forth herein shall be subject to the prior written approval of Adknowledge, in its sole reasonable discretion, if such settlement or resolution results in any further obligation or liability for Adknowledge.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, EACH PARTY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ADKNOWLEDGE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY REGARDING (A) THE NETWORK AND THE FUNCTIONALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE NETWORK, (B) THE NUMBER OF PERSONS WHO VIEW ADVERTISING CONTENT, (C) ANY BENEFIT ADVERTISER MIGHT OBTAIN FROM HAVING ADVERTISING CONTENT ADVERTISED HEREUNDER, (D) THE QUALITY OF CLICKS, ACTIONS, IMPRESSIONS, OR INSTALLS DELIVERED TO ADVERTISER OR HOW MUCH OF A LISTING IS DISPLAYED ACROSS THE NETWORK, AND (E) THE ERROR-FREE, DISRUPTION-FREE OR INTERRUPTION-FREE NATURE OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ADKNOWLEDGE HEREUNDER. FURTHER, ADKNOWLEDGE DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY RETURN ON INVESTMENT.
- Termination. Any party may terminate this Agreement or any and all Insertion Orders or Addendum for convenience upon two (2) business days prior written notice to the other or upon the notice period set forth in an Addendum or an Insertion Order. Advertiser’s sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the services provided by Adknowledge is termination of this Agreement. Failure by Advertiser to submit an Ad Unit for more than a year for a Campaign may result in termination of Advertiser’s account at Adknowledge’s option, which if exercised constitutes termination of this Agreement by Adknowledge, with no obligation to provide notice. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, any amount remaining in an Advertiser account under $75 after termination or expiration of this Agreement and deduction of any non-refundable deposit shall be forfeit to Adknowledge; Adknowledge’s sole obligation shall be to mail one check, first class, to the last known address of Advertiser for any greater amount.
- Agent. If these Master Terms are entered into by an Agent, Agent represents and warrants that it has the power and authority as Advertiser’s agent to bind Advertiser to this Agreement, and that all of Agent’s actions related to this Agreement will be within the scope of such agency. Agent agrees to use commercially reasonable efforts to collect and clear payment from Advertiser on a timely basis. Agent acknowledges and agrees that Adknowledge may seek payment directly from Advertiser if Adknowledge has not received payment in a timely manner.
- Survival of Obligations. The term of this Agreement shall begin on the date Advertiser’s application to open an advertising account is accepted by Adknowledge. This Agreement may expire or terminate as described herein. The terms of Sections 1, 2, and 7 through 20 of these Master Terms shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement, together with Advertiser’s obligation to make payments to Adknowledge under this Agreement for services rendered before the date of termination or expiration.
- Confidential Information. (a) As used in this Agreement, “Confidential Information” means information (whether in oral, written or electronic form) belonging or relating to Adknowledge, its business affairs or activities which is not in the public domain and which: (i) Adknowledge has marked as confidential or proprietary, (ii) Adknowledge has, either orally or in writing, advised Advertiser is of a confidential nature, or (iii) due to its character or nature, a reasonable person in a like position to the recipient of such information under this Agreement, and under like circumstances, would treat as confidential and, for the avoidance of doubt, “Confidential Information” shall include the terms of this Agreement, information about the services provided hereunder, and the technical formulae and processes, product designs, audit results, sales, cost and other unpublished financial information, product and business plans, projections, and marketing and promotional data related thereto.
(b) Advertiser shall maintain the confidentiality of Adknowledge’s Confidential Information and shall not, without the prior written consent of Adknowledge, use, disclose, copy or modify Adknowledge’s Confidential Information (or permit others to do so) other than as necessary for the performance of Advertiser’s rights and obligations under this Agreement. Advertiser undertakes to disclose Adknowledge’s Confidential Information only to those of its officers, employees, agents and contractors to whom, and to the extent to which, such disclosure is necessary for the purposes contemplated under this Agreement, and to procure that such persons are made aware of and agree to observe the obligations in this Section 13.
(c) The provisions of this Section 13 shall not apply to information which: (i) is or comes into the public domain through no fault of the recipient, its officers, employees, agents or contractors; (ii) is lawfully received from a third party free of any obligation of confidence at the time of its disclosure; or (iii) is independently developed by Advertiser, Advertiser’s officers, employees, agents or contractors, as evidenced by written documents or records.
(d) In the event that Advertiser is required by law, stock exchange, regulatory body, court or governmental order to disclose Confidential Information, then Advertiser shall, prior to any disclosure and unless prohibited by law, notify Adknowledge and at Adknowledge’s request and cost, assist Adknowledge in opposing any such disclosure.
(e) Advertiser shall not make any public statement, issue any press release or make or release any other type of announcement or statement relating to the existence of this Agreement without the prior written approval of Adknowledge.
(f) Advertiser shall administer and protect Adknowledge’s Confidential Information with at least the same degree of care used to administer and protect Advertiser’s own Confidential Information, and in any event, with no less than reasonable care.
- Publicity. Advertiser grants Adknowledge a limited, revocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to display Advertiser’s logo in promotional material to identify Advertiser as a customer of Adknowledge. Additionally, Adknowledge may reference Advertiser in a general press release which does not reveal any specific terms or conditions of this Agreement, depicting Advertiser’s corporate logo, publicizing the fact that an agreement has been executed. Any other public statement or press release referencing the name or trademark of a party shall only be made upon the express prior written consent of such party.
- 15. Entire Agreement. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior and contemporaneous agreements, communications, and understandings (whether written or oral) between the parties, with respect to their subject matter. No party has been induced to enter into this Agreement by virtue of, and is not relying upon, any representations or warranties not set forth in this Agreement, any correspondence or communication preceding the execution of this Agreement, or any prior course of dealing between the parties. If there is any conflict between the terms of these Master Terms, an Addendum, and any Insertion Order, the order of priority for resolution of the conflict shall be the Insertion Order followed by the applicable Addendum, followed by the Master Terms. Except as otherwise agreed in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of Adknowledge, Adknowledge expressly rejects any and all terms, conditions and provisions provided by Advertiser that are supplemental to, or otherwise related to, this Agreement including, but not limited to, any standard terms and conditions of Advertiser and any Advertiser insertion order.
- Choice of Law and Venue. This Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced in all respects under the laws of the State of Missouri, USA as applicable to contracts to be performed entirely within the State of Missouri, USA. Any litigation arising out of this Agreement will be brought solely and exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Kansas City, Missouri, and the parties agree that jurisdiction and venue properly lie in such courts and waive any claim that a proceeding in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement.
- Force Majeure. Except as otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement and except for payment obligations, the parties shall not be liable in damages for any delay or default in performance of this Agreement if such delay or default is caused by unforeseen conditions beyond the reasonable control of the delaying or defaulting party, including acts of God, restrictions by a government authority, wars, revolutions, terrorism, strikes (other than any strike by the delaying or defaulting party’s employees), fires, floods, earthquakes, embargoes, or degradation of telephone or other communications services, including but not limited to, degradation of all or part of an Internet backbone.
- Waiver. Failure by a party to enforce at any time or for any period of time any provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of such provisions, and shall in no way affect a party’s right to later enforce such provisions.
- Severability. If any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of law, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unimpaired, and the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced if possible by a mutually acceptable provision, which being valid, legal and enforceable, comes closest to the intention of the parties underlying the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision.
ADSTATION BIDSYSTEM ADDENDUM
This Addendum shall apply to each Campaign that Advertiser elects to run through the ABS. Adknowledge will perform the delivery of Advertiser’s Campaign under this Addendum. For each such Campaign, this Addendum is fully incorporated and integrated with the Master Terms. Capitalized words not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Master Terms.
- “ABS” means the Adknowledge AdStation BidSystem.
- “Addendum” means this AdStation BidSystem Addendum.
- “Adknowledge” means Adknowledge, Inc.
- Subject to Adknowledge approval, and acceptance by Adknowledge of Advertiser’s participation in the ABS, the Ad Unit will be as specified by Adknowledge and provided by Advertiser in the ABS account application, including the clickthrough URL, title, description, favicon, and, if available, Advertiser logo. Adknowledge shall review and if necessary modify Advertiser’s category selection and length of requested Ad Unit to ensure consistency with Adknowledge policies and procedures.
Through its ABS account, Advertiser may control the length of each Campaign through the ability to halt and recommence campaign activity. Campaigns generally begin within two (2) business days of campaign-set up and deposit of funds. The budget for the Campaign shall be the amount Advertiser specified in the ABS account application or an Insertion Order.
- Additional Representations and Warranties of Advertiser. In addition to Advertiser’s representations and warranties set forth in the Master Terms and any Addendum and Insertion Order, Advertiser further represents and warrants that it shall access the ABS solely and exclusively to manage its account with Adknowledge and shall not share, transfer or assign its access information to any third party. Advertiser shall not use any automated or unauthorized means to access its account or ABS content and shall not share, disseminate or monitor the ABS or content of the ABS for any purpose not explicitly granted in this Agreement.
CUSTOM AUDIENCE ADDENDUM
This Addendum shall apply to each Campaign that Advertiser elects to run through the Adknowledge Custom Audience Network. Adknowledge will perform the delivery of Advertiser’s Campaign under this Addendum. For each such Campaign, this Addendum is fully incorporated and integrated with the Master Terms. Capitalized words not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Master Terms.
- “Addendum” means this Custom Audience Addendum.
- “Adknowledge” means Adknowledge, Inc.
- “Creative Materials” means creative materials for a Campaign (which may include an Ad Unit or Ad Units for the Campaign(s), a landing webpage for the Campaign(s), or other materials used in or in support of the Ad Units to promote the Campaign(s)).
- Advertiser shall, at its sole cost and expense, create and deliver to Adknowledge all Creative Materials. Campaigns shall be CPM-based.
- Additional Representations and Warranties of Advertiser. In addition to Advertiser’s representations and warranties set forth in the Master Terms and any Addendum and Insertion Order, Advertiser further represents and warrants that it shall comply with the CAN SPAM Act of 2003 and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto in cooperation with reasonable Adknowledge requests, including provision and update of scrub lists and the use and maintenance of unsubscribe links.
- Creative Materials. Adknowledge may, upon request of Advertiser, develop and/or modify Creative Materials. Advertiser shall provide Adknowledge with such creative assets as are reasonably required for the creation or modification of the Creative Materials, such as creative images, photos of the goods being sold, logos, and descriptions of the goods. To the extent necessary to deliver the Campaign and to develop or modify Creative Materials, Advertiser hereby grants to Adknowledge a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use Advertiser’s logo(s), brand(s) and/or other pertinent intellectual property in the Creative Materials Adknowledge develops or modifies. Advertiser agrees that Creative Materials developed or modified by Adknowledge will not be used in connection with any advertising conducted outside of the Adknowledge Network. Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that use of Creative Materials developed or modified by Adknowledge outside of the Adknowledge Network constitutes a material breach of this Agreement.
- Advertiser Approval. Except as set forth below, Adknowledge shall not make the Creative Materials that are developed or modified by Adknowledge available to its publishers unless such Creative Materials have been approved by Advertiser. Any Creative Materials developed or modified by Adknowledge and not approved by Advertiser shall remain subject to Sections 6 and 7, below. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Addendum, Adknowledge may make technical changes to Creative Materials and Ad Units to optimize delivery of Campaigns including, but not limited to, changes to sizing and formatting of creative and HTML modifications; provided, however that no material changes may be made to copy, fonts or color schemes without Advertiser’s prior written approval.
- Creative Materials Ownership. Title to and ownership of all intellectual property rights of all Advertiser intellectual property shall remain with Advertiser or its third party licensors. Title to and ownership of all intellectual property rights of the Creative Materials developed or modified by Adknowledge shall remain with Adknowledge, except for such components of the Creative Materials as are provided by Advertiser. Advertiser and Adknowledge agree to cooperate to the extent reasonably necessary for either party to enforce their ownership rights, as set forth above, against any infringing third party or parties.
- Creative Materials Exclusivity. Adknowledge shall have the exclusive right to the use of the Creative Materials developed or modified by Adknowledge. Advertiser may not use, and shall not permit, third parties to use, the Creative Materials developed or modified by Adknowledge, nor may Advertiser provide the Creative Materials developed or modified by Adknowledge to third parties (excluding its employees, auditors, and legal counsel) except through Adknowledge or upon Adknowledge’s written agreement. This exclusivity shall survive the termination or expiration of this Addendum.
- Unless otherwise set forth in an Insertion Order, Advertiser shall pay Adknowledge for all charges incurred by Advertiser in connection with Advertiser’s Campaign under this Addendum within thirty (30) days from the end of the calendar month in which the charge occurred.